TRIPLEHEADER ACTION ON SATURDAY AT GRANDVIEW FEATURES URC SPRINTS, NASCAR 358 MODIFIEDS AND SPORTSMAN, ALL PART OF T.P.TRAILERS AND TRUCK EQUIPMENT NIGHT
URC WILL BE HOSTING A REUNION NIGHT FEATURING TOP LEGENDS SIGNING AUTOGRAPHS
NASCAR STANDINGS STILL HAVE VON DOHREN LEADING MODS, BRIGHTBILL NOW FIRST IN SPORTSMAN
BECHTELSVILLE, PA JULY 16, 2019 . . . Coming up this Saturday, July 20th is another tripleheader show at Grandview Speedway, this time featuring the Capital Renegade United Racing Club Sprints in their first appearance of the season as part of T.P.Trailers and Truck Equipment Night. The Sprint events will be sponsored by Victory Auto Glass with the feature paying $2,000 to win. Heading up the Sprint action will be Josh Weller, Chad Layton, Curt Michael, Austin Bishop, former Grandview Late Model champion Ed Aikin who has a URC feature win this season and a host of other Sprint standouts. As an added attraction URC will be hosting a Legends Reunion in the first turn pavilion area. Legends will be signing autographs and chatting with fans starting at 6 p.m. Included amongst the legends will be Sean Michael, Becca Anderson, Mares Stellfox, Charlie Massey, Greg Coverdale, Fran Hogue, Ed Wylie and host of others.
Just added to the list of Legends is Glenn Fitzcharles who got his racing start at Grandview in the stock cars and went on to win 81 URC features and five titles. The Pottstown, PA resident is enshrined in the National Sprint Car Hall of Fame.
The NASCAR 358 Modifieds and Sportsman stock cars will make up the balance of the tripleheader show.
A full series of qualifying events in each division will lead to the main events that will feature the top performers of the night.
At 5 p.m. the Low Down and Dirty Meet & Greet will feature Modified standout Jared Umbenhauer and URC racer Josh Weller at the front admission gate area.
Adult admission for this not to be missed show is $25, youngsters 6 through 11 pay $5 and kids under 6 are admitted free.
With 11 feature races completed in both the Modifieds and Sportsman ten-time track champion Craig Von Dohren sits on top of the Modified standings with 2769 counters. Second spot is held by Duane Howard, a five time champion, with 2590 points. Both Oley, PA residents have earned feature victories with Von Dohren having three and Howard having earned two. Third spot in the standings is held by Hellertown, PA’s Rick Laubach with 2429 tallies and having done it without benefit of a feature win.
Topping the Sportsman is veteran racing talent Brad Brightbill of Sinking Spring, PA. He has three wins, including the Firecracker 40 this past Saturday, and 2196 points. Brad Grim has 2169 points and has done it without a win. Third spot is held by former champion Brian Hirthler with 2124 making for a tight battle for the title. Hirthler has been to victory lane twice this season.
During the 11 events presented this season there have been 56 Modifieds and 41 Sportsman seen in action on the one-third-mile, banked clay oval.
Information on coming events at the Bechtelsville track can be had at www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF JULY 13, 2019
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 2769***
2. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 2590**
3. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L 2429
4. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 2420**
5. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19/1H 2337
6. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 2270
7. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 2183
8. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 2143***
9. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 2024
10. Alex Yankowski, Covington Twp., PA #84Y 1802
11. Frank Cozze, Wind Gap, PA #4 1766
12. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1756
13. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1754
14. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1731
15. Tim Buckwalter, Douglassville, PA #23X 1708
16. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1567
17. Danny Erb, Boyertown, PA #44 1494
18. Clay Butler, Bloomsbury, NJ #4B 1235
19. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA#33 1200
20. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #OG7/14 1196
21. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1166
22. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #6/78D 1102
23. Jordan Henn, Kutztown, PA #77H 920
24. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #611/61 919
25. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 911
26. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7 892
27. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 867*
28. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA #14RR 855
29. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #355 850
30. Kory Fleming, Milford, NJ #704 780
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF JULY 13, 2019
1. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 2196***
2. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #13 2169
3. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4*/117 2124**
4. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1946
5. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #830 1873
6. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1873*
7. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA #F10 1822
8. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1776
9. Dean Bachman, Emmaus, PA #65 1720
10. Brandon Edgar, Leighton, PA #57 1676*
11. Andrew Kreis, Boyertown, PA #6K 1456
12. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1310
13. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1216
14. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 1179
15. Nathan Mohr, East Greenville, PA #17M 1040*
16. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA#20 1005*
17. Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #976 952
18. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 943
19. Andy Clemmer, Bechtelsville PA #127 888
20. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 839
21. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 809*
22. Josh Adams, Douglassville, PA #44A 780
23. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 769*
24. Scott Kohler, Boyertown, PA #12S 754
25. Aaron Bowes, Nazareth, PA #4 714
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are NASCAR point events.)