VON DOHREN AND BRIAN HIRTHLER ARE POINT LEADERS HEADING TO AUGUST 29 TRIPLEHEADER
MODIFIEDS, SPORTSMAN AND EXCEL 600 MODIFIEDS WILL BE THE ATTRACTION AT GRANDVIEW
BECHTELSVILLE, PA August 24, 2020 . . . The chase for the crown continues at Grandview Speedway. As NASCAR stock car racing continues this Saturday, August 29, there are three point events remaining on the schedule as of now. Ten time track champion Craig Von Dohren continues to set the pace in T.P.Trailers Modified standings with 2358 points. Close behind is defending champion Duane Howard with 2271 counters coming off a strong second place effort behind Brett Kressley last Saturday night. Doug Manmiller, without benefit of a feature win, is third in the standings with 2249 points, as he looks for his first title.
In the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division Brian Hirthler, the point leader for much of the virus shortened season, has 1877 points followed closely by Brad Arnold with 1713 points. Third spot is held by Jack Butler with 1596 counters.
With a tripleheader show of Modifieds, Sportsman and Excel 600 Modifieds set for Saturday night Jared Umbenhauer fourth in the Modified standings and 10 time champion Jeff Strunk holding on to 1951 points will try to close up on the leaders as just three point events currently remain on the Saturday night schedule.
Fourth in the Sportsman standing is veteran Chris Esposito having earned 1583 points while Kyle Lilick has 1556 tallies to hold on to fifth.
On Saturday night competition will be keen as all racers try to improve on their standings. There have been 47 Modified racers and 51 Sportsman talents earn points in the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series which encompasses tracks across the nation.
So far this season there have been eight different winners in the Modifieds. Brett Kressley is the only repeat winner with two victories. In the Sportsman there have been nine point events run with nine different winners.
Saturday night racing will include qualifying events for all divisions with the Modifieds topping things off with a 30-lap feature, Sportsman go with a 25 lap main event and Excel 600 Modifieds running 20 laps. Spectator gates open at 5:30 p.m. and racing gets started at 7:30 p.m. Pit gates are open at 4 p.m. Adult admission is $18 while young people under 12 are admitted free.
“Da Rev’s Meet & Greet”, set for 5 p.m. on Saturday, will feature Briggs Danner and his Modified, Lex Shive and his Sportsman while the 600 Excel Modifieds will be represented by Eric Whitby and SamScicchitano.
Modifieds and Sportsman are featured in a doubleheader on September 5 along with a special “Hard Charger Challenge”, a 22 lapper, showcasing Modified racers not in the top 15 and have not been a feature winner in the Modifieds. This first time event for non-winners is attracting a huge amount of interest.
Bobby Gunther Walsh has posted a $500 Hard Charger Award for the September 19th 50th Anniversary Freedom 76. The cash award made possible by sponsors ResQ Natural Supplements, Just Born Candies, Mike & Ike and Hot Tamales. Opportunities for event sponsorships including $20 lap sponsorships are available by contacting Tina Rogers or Tommy Kramer at the track or telephone Ernie Saxton at 267.934.7286.
For information on Grandview Speedway check in www.grandviewspeedway.com, Facebook or telephone 610.754.7688.
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
MODIFIEDS AS OF AUGUST 22, 2020
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 2358*
2. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #357 2271*
3. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 2249
4. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 2128
5. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 1951*
6. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 1871
7. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 1836
8. Mike Gular, Boyertown, PA #2A 1747*
9. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 1727**
10. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L/18/14 1469
11. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 1461
12. Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 1327
13. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 1324**
14. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #61 1256
15. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1255
16. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1118*
17. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 1037
18. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 965
19. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #23 935
20. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 925
21. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7B 921
22. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 888
23. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7K 874
24. Ryan Watt, Boyertown, PA 14W 837
25. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 727
26. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 690
27. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 651
28. Colt Harris, Hegins, PA #C7 607
29. Joe Funk, Coopersburg, PA#14R 598
30. Bobby Gunther Walsh, Allentown, PA #65 590
UNOFFICIAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR
SPORTSMAN AS OF AUGUST 22, 2020
1. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 1877*
2. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #27 1713*
3. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 1596*
4. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1583
5. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 1556*
6. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 1550
7. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 1521
8. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1386
9. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1311
10. Jesse Leiby, Milford, NJ #9 (332) 1304
11. Jimmy Leiby, Milford, NJ #9L 1265
12. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1250*
13. Dakota Kohler, Kutztown, PA #59K 1079*
14. Cole Stangle, Neshanic Station, NJ #20C 751
15. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 746
16. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 736
17. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 705
18. Nathan Mohr, Exeter, PA #17M 694
19. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 686
20. John McGovern, Bechtelsville, PA #327 672
21. Decker Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #38 650
22. Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #973 644
23. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 619
24. Scott Kohler, Kutztown, PA #12S 613*
25. Ryan Higgs, Nazareth, PA #16 474
Chuck Eckert #29,* Also a feature winner.
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that are
NASCAR point events.)