CRAIG VON DOHREN AND BRIAN HIRTHLER ARE OFFICIALLY GRANDVIEW NASCAR ADVANCE AUTO PARTS WEEKLY SERIES TRACK CHAMPIONS
THIRD ANNUAL BRUCE ROGERS MEMORIAL SET FOR APRIL 3 AND 51ST ANNUAL FREEDOM 76 SCHEDULED FOR SEPTEMBER 18
BECHTELSVILLE, PA OCTOBER 22, 2020 . . . With just one feature win scored by each Craig Von Dohren and Brian Hirthler were able to use consistency to earn the Grandview Speedway NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Racing Series titles. Von Dohren, who calls Oley, PA home, earned the T.P. Trailers NASCAR Modified title for the 11th time with his first being earned in 1988. Brian Hirthler of Green Lane, PA was tops in the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division, a title he won once before back in 2017.
Due to the Covid issues only 12 feature races, counting toward the point championships, were presented during the season but Ma Nature did not force any of the Saturday night events to be cancelled.
With a total of 3153 points Von Dohren topped defending champion Duane Howard who also won a feature and was able to tally 2906 points. Doug Manmiller grabbed third with 2694 followed by Jared Umbenhauer at 2691 and rounding out the top five was 10 time champion Jeff Strunk with 2669 points. Kevin Hirthler and Brett Kressley were each able to win three features. A total of 50 racers earned points.
In the T.P.Truck Equipment Sportsman division Brian Hirthler earned 2258 points with one feature win to his credit with the Alpine Truck Repair entry to grab the championship. The Green Lane, PA racer edged out Brad Arnold by just five points. Others who finished close to the champion were Ryan Beltz with 2230 counters, Kyle Lilick earned 2227 points while Jack Butler tallied 2114. Close to 60 racers competed in the Sportsman division with only Kyle Lilick winning more than once.
The season opening VP Fuels 3rd Annual Bruce Rogers Memorial had Tim Buckwalter topping the field of Modifieds while Brian Hirthler won in the Sportsman. Jeff Strunk took home $35,550 for his win in the 50th Annual Freedom 76 while Kevin Hirthler won the Freedom 38 for Sportsman. These events were not point events and did not count toward the NASCAR Advance Auto Parts Weekly Series titles.
Coming up at Grandview on Sunday, November 8th is the annual Fall Racers Flea Market starting at 7 a.m.
Fans and racers can pencil in Saturday, March 27th for the annual free-to-the-public practice session that is planned as a kick off for the 2021 season which will be the 59th consecutive season of stock car racing at the Rogers family operated Grandview Speedway.
The two biggest events each season are already on the 2021 calendar with the 4th Annual Bruce Rogers Memorial set for Saturday, April 3 and the 51st Annual Freedom 76 Classic on the schedule for Saturday, September 18th.
As plans are made for 2021 it is a good time for area businesses to be in touch so they can gain the benefits of sponsorship at NASCAR sanctioned Grandview Speedway. Contact Ernie Saxton at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 267.934.7286.
UNOFFICIAL FINAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR T.P.TRAILERS
1. Craig Von Dohren, Oley, PA #1C 3153*
2. Duane Howard, Oley, PA #66/357H 2906*
3. Doug Manmiller, Shoemakersville, PA #44M 2694
4. Jared Umbenhauer, Richland, PA #19 2691
5. Jeff Strunk, Boyertown, PA #126 2669*
6. Mike Gular, Fredrick, PA #2A 2583*
7. Ryan Grim, Laury’s Station, PA #17 2541
8. Brett Kressley, Orefield, PA #19K 2362***
9. Louden Reimert, Oley, PA #16 2343
10. Rick Laubach, Hellertown, PA #7L/18/14 2059
11. Craig Whitmoyer, Hamburg, PA #99 2046
12. Kevin Hirthler, Boyertown, PA #117 2012***
13. Justin Grim, Orefield, PA #61 1960
14. Ron Kline, Salford, PA #3 1486
15 Briggs Danner, Allentown, PA #78 1437
16. Ryan Lilick, Collegeville, PA #49 1432
17. Kyle Weiss, Hamburg, PA #21K 1374
18. Dylan Swinehart, Fleetwood, PA #81 1277*
19. Dillon Steuer, Stoudsburg, PA #17Z 1270
20. Ray Swinehart, Perkiomenville, PA #33 1223*
21. Dan Waisempacher, Springtown, PA #01 1132
21. Brad Grim, Coplay, PA #23 1132
23. Mike Lisowski, Minersville, PA #15 1066
24. Kenny Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7K 1040
25. Brett Gilmore, Fleetwood, PA #7B 1001
26. Eric Biehn, Barto, PA #87 1000
27. Richie Hitzler, Lebanon, PA #3/22 878
28. John Willman, Birdsboro, PA #74W 859
29. Carroll Hine III, Reading, PA #114 844
30. Ryan Watt, Boyertown, PA 14W 837
UNOFFICIAL FINAL POINT STANDINGS FOR NASCAR T.P.TRUCK EQUIPMENT
1. Brian Hirthler, Green Lane, PA #4* 2258*
2. Brad Arnold, Bethel, PA #27 2253*
3. Ryan Beltz, Barto, PA #221 2030*
4. Kyle Lilick, Collegeville, PA #104 2227**
5. Jack Butler, Phillipsburg, NJ #5 2114*
6. Mark Kemmerer, Green Lane, PA, PA #F10 1993
7. Kyle Smith, Fleetwood, PA #77 1907
8. Chris Esposito, Hatfield, PA #31A 1855
9. Nate Brinker, Allentown, PA #14 1832
10. Jesse Leiby, Milford, NJ #9 (332) 1653
11. Jimmy Leiby, Milford, NJ #9L 1415
12. Dakota Kohler, Kutztown, PA #59K 1304*
13. Brad Brightbill, Sinking Springs, PA #19 1250*
14. Cole Stangle, Neshanic Station, NJ #20C 1229
15. Kenny Bock, Birdsboro, PA #6 1126*
16. Nathan Mohr, Exeter, PA #17M 1118
17. Jesse Landis, Gilbertsville, PA #973 1069
18. Tom Miller, Gilbertsville, PA #77T 974*
19. John McGovern, Bechtelsville, PA #327 967
20. Scott Kohler, Kutztown, PA #12S 869*
21. Brandon Edgar, Lehighton, PA #57 866
22. Parker Guldin, Fleetwood, PA #11 851
23. Lex Shive, Pennsburg, PA #5K 849
24. Mike Mammana, Nazareth, PA #31 824
25. Derrick Smith, Telford, PA #20 818
Chuck Eckert #26* Also a feature winner.
* denotes feature win (Feature wins listed are only for those that were
NASCAR point events.)